FRONERI Palm Oil Policy
Froneri is committed to sourcing all our palm oil responsibly and sustainably. As a member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) we support and endorse its Principles and Criteria. We are committed to ensuring that all of the palm oil contained in our products is responsibly and sustainably sourced.
Currently our manufacturing sites that use palm oil in Europe, as well as those in Russia and Australia, are certified to the RSPO Supply Chain Certification Standard. We are working towards having all of our manufacturing sites certified to this standard by the end of 2019.
Our aim is to have all of our palm oil sustainably sourced by 2022.
FRONERI Sustainable Packaging Policy
FRONERI is committed to working with our customers, brands and suppliers to reduce the impact of plastic packaging on our environment. We aim to have 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable packaging by 2025. Some of the steps we are currently taking are below;
- 100% of plastic packaging for in home use to be reusable, recyclable or compostable
- 100% paper and cardboard sourced from responsibly managed forests or from recycled material
- Eliminate single use plastic spoon, straw, cup and lid that can be ‘thrown away’ in our out of home range
- No plastic novelties to be included on kids products.
- Engage consumers to recycle by a simple and consistent recycling message.
FRONERI Sustainable Sticks
FRONERI’s sticks are sourced from a supplier who is certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council®) or PEFC (The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) depending on the country. This means the original logs the sticks come from are traceable to sustainability managed forest and 100% compliant with regulations that ensure respect for the highest ecological, social and ethical standards.